Training to Focus on Rethinking States, Neighborhoods and Metropolitan Solutions
JULY 20, 2011 - 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET
As regional planning efforts begin to align with activities related to sustainable communities, the relationship between community development and regional approaches becomes important. This session will look into questions such as how should state community development agencies frame their planning models, how can MPOs support community-based revitalization, who are the key partners and how can funding be leveraged? Explore how the regional landscape is evolving and learn about best practice models that are already in place at state, regional and local levels.
- Bonnie Ammons, South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Matt Chase, National Association of Community Development Organizations
- Bob Van Meter, Executive Direct of Boston LISC
- Julia Seward, Director of State Policy at LISC
- Diane Taylor, Executive Director of the Council of State Community Development Agencies