Center for Community Progress Releases Second Edition of Land Banks and Land Banking
Second edition of Land Banks and Land Banking features new research and resources
The groundbreaking Land Banks and Land Banking, by Frank S. Alexander, is back with a new second edition that features fresh research and insights for practitioners and policy-makers.
Download your copy of Land Banks and Land Banking, 2nd Ed.
This second edition builds on the legacy of the first, which was released in 2011 and helped to shape multiple state land bank enabling laws while impacting the operations of land banks nationwide.
In the publication, readers will find:
- In-depth guidance on creating, structuring, operating, and sustaining a land bank
- An at-a-glance comparison of existing state land bank statutes
- A template for state land bank enabling legislation
- Sample administrative policies
- Information on the history and evolution of land banks
- Examples of land banks in Atlanta, Georgia, Genesee County, Michigan, and Cuyahoga County, Ohio
“The first edition of Land Banks and Land Banking helped to usher in a new era of sophistication in land banking,” said Tamar Shapiro, president and CEO of the Center for Community Progress. “This second edition is poised to have a similarly profound impact with new research and resources to help land banks tackle vacant properties and strengthen neighborhoods.”
The first 100 purchasers of Land Banks and Land Banking will also receive a complimentary copy of Take it to the Bank: How Land Banks Are Strengthening America's Neighborhoods (2014)!