Fund Your Plan
Stabilization strategies may require several types of funding:
- Operating or administrative expenses for staff and overhead, including any holding costs for property that the organization owns.
- Financing for acquisition, construction, and long-term disposition of properties.
- Grants for appraisal gaps in projects, incentives for buyers and developers, incentives for home repair and improvement, community organizing and more.
Sources of this funding include:
- Government (federal, state and local)
- State housing finance agencies
- Major employers
- Other real estate industry (Realtors®, appraisers, builders, etc.)
- Utility companies
- Faith communities
- Individual donors