Stable Neighborhood Outcomes
Possible Post-Foreclosure Outcomes: Image
- Neighborhood has a strong positive image that attracts neighborhood-friendly investment.
- People inside and out of the neighborhood are confident in its future.
Possible Post-Foreclosure Outcomes: Market
- Additional foreclosures are reduced.
- Market value is stabilized or restored.
- Residents and neighborhoods are inoculated against future poor lending and borrowing practices.
- Homebuyers choose to invest in the neighborhood.
- There are quality rental and homeownership opportunities available at a variety of price points.
Possible Post-Foreclosure Outcomes: Physical Conditions
- Property maintenance standards are maintained on all property.
- Vacant property is returned to neighborhood-friendly use.
- Buildings are “greener” (lower energy and water use, healthier indoor air quality)
- Neighborhood is well-managed by a strong network of residents.
- Residents and visitors feel safe in the neighborhood.
- Residents have a sense of control over the future of the neighborhood.